- Posted on: 2019-11-26
We are currently looking for a talented Junior LabVIEW programmer to join our team and participate in the development of solutions to meet our customers’ testing needs as well as supporting our internal R&D efforts. The position offers an opportunity to work with many different industries as well as a good balance between programming and troubleshooting electro-mechanical issues.
As a new employee, you will have a chance to have an immediate impact on our products and our clients’ test capabilities. Through ongoing mentoring and support from our internal experts, this position offers a good opportunity for growth within the company. The successful candidate should be autonomous, self-motivated, quick learner and results oriented with a strong commitment to proper development processes. Candidate must be interested in continuous improvement and pushing the limits of existing technologies to deliver the best products and most reliable solutions to our customer.
Synovus Solutions is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. We welcome applicants who may contribute to diversification and who share our values.
Our office is located in the community of Vancouver, British Columbia and provides a pleasant and positive work environment. We support Life-Work balance with flexible work options to allow employees to coordinate schedules with family and other commitments and to shift travel to off-peak times easing their commute and reducing peak period congestion. Complimentary to this, offer really good options to connect via remote work. The successful candidate could live and work anywhere in Western Canada, traveling ~6-8 times/year to Vancouver.
Please note that this position would require handling sensitive information and will require extra background verification as part of the hiring process. An enhanced pre-employment security clearance will be conducted.
- 1-4 years of LabVIEW programming experience in a professional environment
- Electrical and electronics troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge of basic instrumentation equipment
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting tools
- Methodical problem solving skills
- Engineering degree or electronics technologist training
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team player and excellent communication skills
- Experience with National Instruments Real-Time and FPGA modules
- Experience with NI Vision module
- Understand P&ID diagrams
- Understand electrical schematic
- Abilities with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SVN
- “Certified LabVIEW Developer” (CLD) and Certified TestStand Developer
- Experience using VI Scripting and VI server
- TestStand development experience
- Experience using National Instruments hardware (cRIO, cDAQ, PXI, etc.)
Benefits of working at Synovus Solutions
- Friendly and relaxed work environment and flexible schedule
- Growth and opportunities afforded by a small company
- Non routine work with diverse list of projects and clients
- Training opportunities
- Health benefits and competitive salary
The word Synovus comes from “Synergy” and “Novus” (“New” in Latin). This means that we work with our clients to bring new ideas to market faster. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional and personal development and we value a healthy work-life balance. Our team is formed with highly motivated and skilled individuals interested in creating reliable and easy to use solutions for challenging applications.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted.