- Posted on: 2019-08-22
Synovus Solutions designs automated test and control systems to address complex problems and to enable our clients to go to market faster, with higher quality products. To accomplish this, we have developed a flexible and reliable platform named Symplify™ that we use to deliver systems such as a Hardware In the Loop (HIL) tractor simulator and control systems with loop rates faster than 1kHz. This platform is at the center of our value proposition, allowing our team to address issues that would normally be considered too risky to undertake with a custom solution.
We are looking for a new Software Architect to lead the next development phase of our Symplify™ platform. We want to continue improving on the performance, scalability and user experience while maintaining the reliability and flexibility of our existing tool. The position will include working with multiple other developers, engineers, marketing.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently and collaborate well in a team environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, results-oriented and able to multi-task with a passionate commitment to proficient development processes. They must be interested in developing new LabVIEW skills and have a passion for computer programming, data management and electronics. The ideal candidate will be understanding and sensitive of our clients’ needs, while developing supportive client relationships.
Synovus Solutions is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. We welcome applicants who may contribute to diversification and who share our values.
Our office is located in the community of Vancouver, British Columbia and provides a pleasant and positive work environment. We support Life-Work balance with flexible work options to allow employees to coordinate schedules with family and other commitments and to shift travel to off-peak times easing their commute and reducing peak period congestion. Complimentary to this, offer really good options to connect via remote work. The successful candidate could live and work anywhere in Western Canada, traveling ~6-8 times/year to Vancouver.
Please note that this position would require handling sensitive information and will require extra background verification as part of the hiring process. An enhanced pre-employment security clearance will be conducted.
- Lead the design of our platform’s architecture
- Focus on the user experience (UX) throughout the development and decision making process
- Maintain automated tests and continuous integration validation for the platform
- Schedule development and plan resource allocation
- Support our engineering services group on client projects
- Produce regular status report about development
- Collaborate closely with marketing team
- Maintain our software development processes and train others
- Regularly review evolving clients requirements to adjust road map and schedule
- 7+ years experience as software developer
- 3+ years experience as software architect on medium to large embedded applications
- 3+ years leading a team of software developer using Agile methodology and proper development techniques (source code control, unit testing, automated regression testing, code reviews, object oriented programming, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in scheduling development and adjusting to changing requirements
- Able to create succinct test-driven requirements for new code modules
- Experience programming and debugging applications under Linux
- Experience creating control applications with LabVIEW and interest to grow that expertise
- Working knowledge of Python and VB
- Skilled at optimizing and benchmarking software performance to reduce CPU & RAM usage
- Great communication skills (with peers and customers) to understand and explain complex problems
- Interest in being active on forums and internal/external support
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Team player
Nice to have
- Machine learning algorithms
- Design and or interface (queries, views, etc.) with MySQL/PostgreSQL or similar database
- Knowledge of electrical and electronics design
- Experience with National Instruments CompactRIO and LabVIEW FPGA
The word Synovus comes from “Synergy” and “Novus” (“New” in Latin). This means that we work with our clients to bring new ideas to market faster. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional and personal development and we value a healthy work-life balance. Our team is formed with highly motivated and skilled individuals interested in creating reliable and easy to use solutions for challenging applications.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.